Monday, June 17, 2019

A Granite Dells delight
June 17, 2019

On a not-very-long-ago hot June afternoon, I hied myself out to the Storm Ranch trail off the Peavine rails-to-trails route, and enjoyed a jaunt winding up, down and around the boulders of Prescott’s Granite Dells formation.

In earlier times, we wandered freely through that area when there were no trails; I find that is the best way to explore all the hidden enclaves and wonder at the history that has transpired there and marvel at the beauty.  However, for those of a slightly more timid (or should I say sensible) nature, the wonderful trails throughout Granite Dells are a fine way to entice folks into that intriguing bouldered monument.  If your only experience in Granite Dells is along the Peavine Trail, the former railroad line into Prescott, I suggest that exiting that more beaten path and following the winding Storm Ranch route will offer a delight to the eyes.

Of course I shot a few photos whilst I wandered.  They begin as I walked along the Peavine Trail with Watson Lake just off to the side and then veer off into the Storm Ranch area on the east side.  They give an idea of what it's like up there.


















No comments: